The arena of television and radio is well populated with media agencies.
Many who identify themselves as a media buyer outwardly may actually be different inwardly. Such as a media broker. Or a media seller. And, it’s the inside that should matter most to you.
A media broker is a middleman, someone who brings buyer and seller together. They may represent both parties. A media broker works for the deal.
A media seller, similar to a broker, works to sell inventory for the stations and networks and brokers. Or they may be working to sell their own inventory. You may think they work for you, the client, but not necessarily so. They may call themselves media buyers. But, a media seller works for the sale.
A true media buyer only serves as agent and professional representative for you, the client, the ultimate buyer of media. That’s LightQuest. We don’t work for the deal, and we don’t work for the sale. We work for you, our client. No mixed loyalties. No inventory we are pressured to move. Our media buyers are salaried professionals, not a commissioned sales force.
You get strategic selection, negotiation, and placement of your content through a process that is designed to benefit you, because you are the one signing the checks.
Looking to place your programming, advertising, or content where your needs and goals are paramount? To quote Yoda, “A fit we might be.”
What We Can Do For You:
- Negotiations and savings: Why overpay for something when you don’t have to? With our extensive library of contracts and renewals (over 5,000 contracts), we know the rates programmers should be paying and which slots work best. For one of our larger clients—we have saved their ministry over $30,000,000 in media buys through the last 12 years.
- Contracting with stations and networks: Regardless if you are on one station or 200, we will manage all your media buy contracts and make sure all air dates are correct, communicate preemption notices and verify all contracts are fulfilled properly
- Billing and invoice auditing: We use a multilayered review process each month to verify your invoice from your stations is correct. And do not worry about multiple bills. Regardless of your number of stations, we will simplify them into one simple invoice.
- Network and station communication: You don’t have to worry about who to contact when there is a problem or question about your program. If there are problems with on air graphics, missing files, interrupted broadcasts or other problems—we will work with you and your stations to ensure all problems are addressed and resolved.
- Distribution of traffic instructions: Each month (or quarter if you choose) we will send your program titles, file names, air dates and program descriptions to all your broadcast outlets. This traffic instruction is critical for the programming departments to know when and what to air.
What We Need From You:
- Open communication: We can only help as much as you share with us. In our effort to help amplify your message, we request you keep us in the loop on your media decisions. When we act as your agency of record—it’s like we are an extension of your media/ marketing department. The more we know, the better we can operate. When we start working with a new client, we tend to stick with them for a long time.
- Traffic instructions: Your traffic instructions are like the legend of a map for all stations and networks. It tells them what files are in their bottomless pit of servers. We like to have monthly traffic instructions distributed by the 15th of the month prior.
- A sense of humor: This is not required, but we find if we can laugh with you, it helps the relationship grow P.s. — if you ever need a laugh, we have a treasure trove of memes, gifs, and jokes. Just ask.😊
- Partnership: No jokes about this one. We consider ourselves as servants to our clients. We hope they think of as partners to help them navigate the waters of media. If you are willing to partner with us, we can promise to give you our very best.
What To Do If You Have Questions:
Call, text, email, Facebook message, carrier pigeon, or whatever you use to communicate. We are a small team who take a lot of care in serving our clients. If there is EVER any question or you need any help, please let us know.
Our office line: 918-794-6464
Media questions: Walter@lightquestmedia.com
Accounting questions: Cynthia@lightquestmedia.com
Digital questions: Daniel@lightquestmedia.com
Our list of clients: https://www.lightquestmedia.com/client-list/